Thursday, July 2, 2009

Mom's Gourmet Coffee N' Things.

moms... While working as a student teacher at both Danforth CI and Eastern Commerce, I would often go to Mom's Gourmet Coffee N'things for a quick cheap lunch or snack. I first found out about this place when teachers I worked with came here to grab coffee (which is supposed to be really good, although I don't drink coffee). What really attracted me to this place was their stuffed beef patties ($2), which they cut open and fill with toppings like tomatoes, lettuce, hot sauce, mozzarella cheese and hot peppers. The cheese is especially good as it melts once placed inside the hot beef patty.

After coming here more often for the stuffed patties, I also discovered that they serve other things including Cheeseburgers (~$3), 8 inch subs (~$3) and even chinese rice dishes like green curry chicken on rice or black bean chicken on rice ($3.99 each, +$0.50 for a pop). I love that I can come to this place anytime and be really full for around $5 flat (ex. Cheeseburger + Stuffed Patty definitely fills me up for lunch). Mom's has all kinds of other really cheap deals like 10 chicken nuggets for $2 or all day breakfasts for around $3-$4. When it started getting hot out, I hit up Mom's for Jumbo Freezies ($0.50) as well.
Mom's is a great local spot to grab a coffee or some cheap food. The people who work there are really nice as well, although the only drawback is that they take a little long in making some of the food items, but that definitely never stopped me from going back. Mom's Gourmet Coffee N'Things is located at 1096 Danforth Ave., just west of Greenwood Ave.

1 comment:

  1. So yummy! I just want to eat it with a cup of gourmet coffee. I love to drink coffee, specially gourmet coffee. Gourmet coffee is said to be one of the healthiest drinks a person can consume. It is full of healthy antioxidants, which help decrease and sometimes prevent oxidative damage to the human body.
    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete