Monday, April 6, 2009

Foody Mart Chinese Takeout.

chinese takeout... The other day I went to the Foody Mart at Bamburgh Circle to grab some fruits, when I came across their chinese take out area. The Foody Mart is similar to the T & T supermarkets as it is quite a modern supermarket, with a takeout and sushi area (although they have less selection). I noticed that they had rice and dish combos for really cheap. $3.99 (+ tax) for around 2.5 bowls of rice and any 2 items. I grabbed 2 of these combos to take home and eat for dinner. Clearly from the pics, you can see the quantity that you get for $3.99 is awesome. The taste is not the greatest though, I had some pork ribs, garlic shoots w/ squid, snow peas and some stir fried mushrooms with beef. The quality isn't that good, but it is definitely a better and cheaper alternative to a place like Manchu Wok. I wouldn't come here specifically for the takeout, but since its so cheap, if I happened to be there, I might pick some up again. Another thing to note is that the takeout area at Foody Mart closes earlier than the store does. The supermarket closes at 12 am, but the takeout and sushi area is usually closed much earlier (not sure exactly what time). I have not tried it yet, but Foody Mart also sells chinese BBQ meats such as duck and pork.

Quick Notes:
The supermarket itself is cheap (cheaper than T & T) and good for groceries, but the plaza is pretty busy, especially during the weekends. Foody Mart is located in the Bamburgh Circle Plaza on Warden, South of Steeles.

No comments:

Post a Comment