Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Agincourt C.I. Snack Shack.

high school... If you didn't already know, I'm studying to be high school teacher and a couple weeks ago I did my student teacher placement at Agincourt C.I.. First of all, this school is great! Great students, staff and......awesome healthy food program! At Agincourt C.I., I came across this really cool initiative called "Snack Shack" that is run by student and staff volunteers (and funded by the government). It offers really healthy foods and snacks for students and staff for very cheap prices. It ensures that students are eating healthy foods, which does not often happen in high school. Back when I was in high school, I remember my friends having a coke for breakfast, which is messed up! At Agincourt, instead of seeing students snacking on chocolate bars and chips, you see people eating cheese/ crackers and carrot sticks.
How cheap exactly? For $0.50, you could grab a bagel (with 2 spreads), small chocolate milk, small white milk or "So Good" brand soy milk. For $0.25 cents you can get cheese and crackers, nutrigrain bars, bags of trail mix, small boxes of muselix cereal, yogurt, sesame snaps or applesnax apple sauce. Best of all, with every purchase, you also get a choice of a FREE bag or carrots, an apple or a banana (and yes, you can buy everything separately and get lots of free veggies/fruits, but people at Agincourt are nice and don't take advantage of this.lol). This is an awesome and very successful program run by Agincourt C.I. and not only benefits the students health wise, but gets students volunteer hours, as they volunteer to run the snack shack.

Bonus:
If you are a student or teacher from Agincourt C.I. reading this, yes I am Mr. Leung.lol... secondly, from my experience with the snack shack, you have to follow these instructions for the best healthy snack:
  1. Buy Muselix Cereal + Yogurt
  2. Open Muselix box and pour about 1/2 -3/4 of the bag into the Yogurt.
  3. Stir and Enjoy! ...total price of tasty treat: $0.50

4 comments:

  1. DMCI has free breakfast now^^ even cheaper

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg they even have melba toast!! that is awesome cuz i live off that stuff, jess knows what i'm talking about cuz she loves melba toast too. she eats it by the BRICK*

    ReplyDelete