Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wendy's.

wendys... After a long day and a serious nap, I woke up around 11 pm craving some burgers. I've been kind of tired of McDonald's so I headed out to my local Wendy's (Don Mills/York Mills). When people think Wendy's, they usually think of the Baconators because of all those damn commercials, but I gotta stick with the value menu cause that is where the real deal is at (you can get real food for Baconator prices!). My usual order and what I got last night was a Stack Attack Combo (basically same as a double cheeseburger) with sides of a Small Frosty and a Caesar Salad ($3.99 +tax). In addition to that I also got a Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe which has lettuce/tomatoes($1.49 +tax). Wendy's does taste better than McDonald's and the variety of sides is what draws me there everytime (although I have to mix it up with different fast food joints). For a fast food place, Wendy's makes some good Caesar Salad. They give you a box of lettuce with a decent amount of Mozzarella/Bacon Bits with a pack of Caesar sauce and a pack of Croutons on the Side (instructions on how to eat below). It's a good change from fries. They also have baked potato, chili, garden salad, yogurt and mandarin oranges that you can choose from instead of fries as a side.
Quick Notes: If you are planning to order an extra burger/sandwich from the super value menu like I always do, make sure you order the expensive burger (ex. stack attack, which is $1.99) as a combo first since all the combos are $3.99, then add the cheaper burgers after (ex. Jr. Cheesburger Deluxe at $1.49). This way you will save about 50-60 cents. Trust me... it adds up! Gotta be thrifty! Also the drive through closes at 12 am (McDonald 24 hour locations wins here).

Instructions on how to eat the Caesar Salad:
  1. Open all Packages (Salad Box, Croutons, Caesar Sauce)
  2. Dump Croutons package into Salad Box, followed by Caesar Sauce (adjust amount to your liking... the more the tastier, the less the healthier... but hey you're eating at Wendy's already.lol)
  3. Close Box. Shake Vigourously!!! Shake Vigourously again. Open Box. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment