Thursday, March 19, 2009

Pho 88.

pho... I mean fuhhh, as my viet friends always correct me. I went for a pretty late dinner tonight (~9pm) at the Pho 88 at warden/steeles in the Bamburgh Circle Plaza. For those of you who don't know, pho is a popular vietnamese beef noodle soup dish that is perfect for lunch, dinner, after partying and whenever you just want ALOT of food for about $6-$10, depending on size. I go here pretty often and as usual, got my normal order of the XL beef noodle special with the rare beef, tripe and all that good stuff. This is definitely my go-to spot when I'm in need of some fuhhh. My buddy got the XL noodles with just the rare beef, which looked pretty good too. In addition to the largest, tastiest XL beef noodle soups, they also make some damnnn good viet spring rolls filled with meat, which go great with the fuhhh. Pho quality at this place is better than the downtown ones (ie. Pho Hung, Train Head) and as usual you'll get your food within 5 mins of ordering. Leave a comment with any other good pho/fuhhh places you would recommend.

Quick Note: I only go to this Pho 88 location (Warden/Steeles @ Bamburgh Circle Plaza), the other ones (downtown, and by empress in North York) are not the same, so don't be confused. This location is quite busy most of the time, but turnover time is fast. BTW, the meal we had: 2 XL bowls of PHO and 1 order of spring rolls came to $18.95 (after tax, before tip).

1 comment:

  1. I agree with this post. Pho downtown is nasty.. Pho 88 +1

    ReplyDelete