Friday, August 14, 2009

DIY Banana Bread.

banana bread... I woke up one morning (or early afternoon) and I had nothing to eat at home, but just happened to have 3 super ripe bananas that needed to be thrown out if they were there for another day. Instead of wasting these bananas, I decided to deal with both the bananas and my hunger by making some tasty Banana Bread with my friend Yili. I used to work in the pastry section at Richtree (aka Marche) so I do have a little bit of baking experience (Yili also worked there too). Even with no experience though, this recipe is super easy to follow and the result will be some perfect tasting banana bread.
Ingredients:
8 Tbsp butter
1 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs
2 Cups Flour (I used a little less because I didn't have any left)
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 ripe bananas, mashed up
Optional:
1 handful of Chocolate Chips
1 handful of Craisins (dried cranberries)

Instructions:
  1. Preheat Oven to 350° F
  2. Mix butter and Sugar in a Large bowl until it is creamy, then beat eggs into the mixture
  3. Mash Bananas up and mix it up into the previous bowl
  4. Sift Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Salt together and add to wet mixture
  5. Throw in the optional Chocolate Chips, Craisins
  6. Butter your Pan up, or use a Silicon non-stick one like I did
  7. Spread the Batter into the Pan evenly and bake for 1 Hour at 350° F
  8. Eat the Banana Bread!

1 comment:

  1. lol.. i didn't have any or else i woulda put some walnuts and stuff in

    ReplyDelete