Monday, September 21, 2009

Taste of Mediterranean.

shawarma... I haven't been updating much lately because I've been busy with school and also because I've just been lazy.haha, so hopefully that will change a little. I have school everyday around University and Dundas, so me and my classmate Henry have been grabbing lunch at places around the area. decided to go check out Taste of Mediterranean for shawarmas instead of getting subway (which many of us were eating for the first week or 2 of class lol). They sell shawarma sandwiches, platters, salads, roast chicken and pizza too.

We both went for the chicken shawarma sandwich (~$4.50 after tax) and they have the usual toppings (lettuce, tomatoes, pickled radishes, onions, hummus, etc). They also grill the shawarmas with a panini machine which I think always makes these wraps taste much better. The sandwich itself tasted pretty good and filled me up for lunch, although other places seem to be more generous with the chicken. One thing I didn't like was that they used some pre-carved chicken for our sandwiches. I prefer having the chicken freshly shaved off the giant spit so you know its hot and fresh. The place was also totally empty considering it was around noon and the area around University and Dundas is pretty busy.

I also noticed that they had a deal for a 7'' Halal Pizza for ~$3.00 which I will definitely have to try next time. There's so many places to get shawarmas around downtown Toronto, but this is right by my classes, so it works out.
Taste of Mediterranean
205 Dundas Street West
Toronto, Ontario
416-850-3338

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Thanks for adding my site to your blog list.. just noticed lol. I mentioned you on my blog... gonna add you on my blogroll as soon as I fix up my site :)

    http://www.janicechoi.com/food/a-few-thoughts/

    ReplyDelete