Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Green Lemon Grass.

south east asian cuisine... One of my favourite places to eat at recently has been Green Lemon Grass, which serves a wide variety of South East Asian Cuisine including Thai, Viet and Malaysian food. I had tried a bit of their curry and roti before when my aunt bought some takeout for us and from that sampling of their food I had to go back for more.

Over the couple of times that I have gone their, I have picked out my favourite dishes from this place. I have gotten the Pad Thai ($8.50 + tax/tip) from here, which is amazing. The portion of their Pad Thai is massive and is more than enough to split between 2 people (the picture does not justify how big the portion size is). It is also loaded with chicken, shrimp, eggs and served with plenty of crushed peanuts on top. Not only is it big, but it tastes really good (I'd take this over the previously reviewed one from Joy Thai any day!). Another dish that I tried and would definitely order again is the Thai Style House Special Beef Noodle Soup (Regular- $6.25 + tax/tip, Large $7.25 + tax/tip). This is like the usual vietnamese beef noodle soup (aka pho), but instead of the typical pho soup, they use a Tom Yum style sweet and sourish broth that tastes awesome!
Finally, my favourite item from this place is definitely their Curry Roti dishes ($6-$11 + tax, depending on what type of curry you choose). I've tried the Curry Beef Brisket Roti ($9.95 + tax/tip) and Curry Goat Brisket Roti ($10.95 + tax/tip). The best part about these dishes is definitely their Roti, which comes out hot, a little crispy on the outside and a mix of stretchy and fluffy when you pull it apart. I'm not sure if this is how traditional Roti is supposed to be like, but their version of it is sick! I like the flavour of lamb (or goat), but I thought there were too many bones (yeah... I'm lazy with bones) compared to the beef brisket one, although both tasted great.

Green Lemon Grass is an awesome place to go for some delicious south east asian food. The prices here are pretty cheap considering the giant portions you get (especially for the Pad Thai). It is located inside of a mini chinese mall by 16th Ave. and Leslie St..
Green Lemon Grass
Unit 8
9425 Leslie St
Richmond Hill
905-508-5328

No comments:

Post a Comment