Thursday, October 1, 2009

PaPa Ceo Fine Italian Foods & Pizza.

pizza... After my previous post about Cora Pizza, I received some comments on the Good Food Toronto Fan Page from Allison and Lulu saying that close by PaPa Ceo's Pizza was much better. With these comments, I had to go and try out PaPa Ceo's. It is actually 2 stores next to Cora's, and both pizza places get a large amount of customers from UofT.

The first thing you notice when you walk into PaPa Ceo's is all there different pizzas that they have on display (they advertise "20 gourmet slices to choose from" on a sign in front of the store). They've even named many of their pizzas after hollywood stars like "Marlon Brando," "Al Pacino" and "Rambo."
I went with my friend Jackson, as we were planning to play some ball at the UofT Athletic Centre across the street afterwards. As for the pizza, I got a slice of the "Marlon Brando" (toppings: Pesto & Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella Cheese, Ham, Ground Beef, Onions and Mushrooms). Jackson got a slice of the "Rambo" (toppings: Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella Cheese, Ham, Sausage and Parmigion Cheese). Both of these cost $3.99 taxes included and more basic pizzas like a Pepperoni will run you $3 flat. The "Marlon Brando" slice that I had tasted really good, especially with all the toppings that provide plenty flavour (especially the ham!). In comparison to Cora's next door, I think Papa Ceo's wins out with better combinations of toppings and generally tastier slices, although Cora's has their own unique slices and thinner crusts.

PaPa Ceo's is also great for late night pizza runs as it is open everyday from 10 pm- 4 am. They have a couple of ghetto looking tables in the back that probably seat about 10-12 people, which is good enough if you just need a place to chow down the tasty pizza. Since I'm always in the area, I'll definitely be coming back here, although I will still mix it up by going to Cora's from time to time. My preference is definitely still Martino Pizza at Dupont and St. George.
PaPa Ceo Fine Italian Foods & Pizza
654 Spadina Ave.
Toronto, ON M5S 2H7
Daily 10:00am- 4:00am
Tel: (416) 961-2222

1 comment: