Saturday, February 27, 2010

McDonald's Double Filet-O-Fish.

double filet-o-fish... Whenever I go to McDonald's, I choose from the value menu or I get a filet-o-fish (tastes so good! even for it's more expensive price compared to other burgers of the same size). On the way home from a recent snowboard trip at blue mountain, my friend Mike claimed that you could go into any McDonald's and get the greatest sandwich ever... a DOUBLE Filet-O-Fish! Just the thought of the sandwich made me salivate.lol. I had previously seen this as a promotional item at McDonald's restaurants in Hong Kong before, but actually being able to order one and chow down on one anytime would be amazing! With all this talk of a double filet-o-fish, of course we stopped by a Mickey D's and tried to order it. I followed the instructions from Mike to ask for a Big Mac with Fish Patties instead. The cashier asked me if I would like it to be in the style of a filet-o-fish (with the tartar sauce and cheese) and rang up the order- they added $1.39 for an extra fish patty and added ~$1 to switch the bun to a Big Mac Bun, making the sandwich come out to around $5. Not cheap, but sooo tasty!

Double Filet-O-Fish mmm...

  • Big Mac Bun, 2 Fish Patties, 2 slices of cheese, tartar sauce!

6 comments:

  1. I've never had one of their fish sandwiches ... not something I want to try either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niice. I tried the wasabi double fillet of fish burger in HK, mmm wasabi mayo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I made it into GFT.

    Mission accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. janice- wasabi double filet oh fish! wth! i wanna be in hk now.haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU JUST MADE MY WEEK!!!!
    I too have been yearning HK's double filet o fish, and often buy 2 filet o fish burgers to satisfy my fof cravings. I will follow your instructions and try get this. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm from Singapore, & we already have the double filet o' fish on the mcdonalds menu here! Its exactly like your "modified" burger, except they use the normal filet o' fish buns, no sesame seeds. Its SO good, & during value lunch times {everyday from noon to 3pm} the entire meal {med fries, med drink} costs only $6! Mindblowingly cheap. Hahah!

    ReplyDelete